Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Soup for Special Occasions


The night before I left for Connecticut to spend the holidays with my family, my boyfriend made me an incredible dinner. I came home from work and there was a fire in the fireplace and hot soup ready for consumption. Needless to say, I adore him. The soup could have tasted terrible and I still would have appreciated the gesture. It didn’t though. It was quite possibly the best soup I’ve ever had. He made mushroom brie soup.

The recipe is from Beecher’s Handmade Cheese (Sherried Brie and Mushroom Soup). He adapted it so that it was veg-head friendly for me - subbed veggie broth for the beef broth and used assorted mushrooms instead of just cremini.

He paired the soup with a sandwich that was on the lighter side (toasted sourdough, herb butter, tomato and mashed avocado) and we toasted to the holidays with Rhinoceros beer from Telegraph in Santa Barbara. It couldn’t have been a better send-off and start to my holiday.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment