Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

2nd Round of Food Network Mashed Potatoes


I’m working through the Mashed Potatoes 50 Ways from Food Network Magazine slowly but surely and I finally did my second round on Friday. I went with the Smoky variety. They were the regular mashed potato recipe with a mound of Smoked Gouda cheese and green onions stirred in. They were delicious! (and went really well with the Avery IPA Roman brought over).

Wasn’t sure what to make with the potatoes but I went with Heidi Swanson’s mushroom pocket tarts and roasted asparagus. For the mushroom tarts I sauteed baby bellas with cremini and porcini mushrooms in olive oil with shallots, garlic and Parmesan cheese. I bought a package of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry and sandwiched the mushroom mix in between two square pieces of pastry. I roasted the asparagus with smashed garlic and salt and pepper and topped with Parmesan cheese before serving.

A great start to a busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment