Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Hot Sandwich for a Cold Day


With temperatures that are predicted to be in the single digits tomorrow, you can bet that I’m thinking about warm comfort food. The kind that will make you forget how cold it is outside.

I am at home in Connecticut with my family for the holidays and reminiscing about one such dinner I had in LA on November 11th. I received my e-mail from Love and Olive Oil and just had to go home and make their Carmelized Onion, Apple and Blue Cheese Panini.

This sandwich was delicious, but I have to say that I think a panini press (or maybe George Foreman Grill?) would make a difference. Since we made ours in a frying pan, the blue cheese didn’t quite melt. The sandwich was good but probably even better when pressed.

Am I also thinking of a New Year’s Resolution? Yes. Be a better photographer of my food in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment