Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting


I keep all of my recipes in a blue binder with a white paper inserted in the front with the print out “Recipes”. The recipes are in the binder (some in the three-ring, some I still haven’t put away since I used them last). The recipes are in Xerox paper protectors because, let’s face it, I’m not a neat cook. With the paper protectors I don’t have to worry about stray batter, juice or whatever else manages to escape from the mixing bowl, food processor or frying pan.

My carrot cake recipe is one that definitely appreciates the paper protector. I have made this cake countless times and at this point, I’m not sure I need the print out at all. It has batter and frosting remnants all over it and almost every time I use it, I run it under the faucet.

Whenever we have a birthday in my office, I make a cake and at this point they have ruled out any other cake possibilities. Triple-layer Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is their favorite. Thank goodness for those paper protectors.

Recipe via Epicurious (originally from Bon Appetit)

No comments:

Post a Comment