Monday, October 20, 2014

End-of-Week Recap

I can't believe it is Monday already! Where did the weekend go? I was really pleased with how I did this week, even though we did go out to dinner three times. Here is a quick recap of the end of the week... Saturday We stayed over at my Mom's house on Friday night after a dinner at the Tokeneke Club. Such a treat! I got up at 6:50 to take Rusty for a walk with my Mom's dog, Lucy. We walked for about a half hour and then I came back to get ready for Crossfit. Our regular coach wasn't there, so our workout was a little different. Tons of box jumps, which I'm still afraid of. Not sure I will ever get over that! I really liked the WOD though. It was 3 rounds of 15 deadlifts, 15 box jumps (I used a stack of weights instead) and a 400 meter run. We were aiming for 9 minutes or less, and I finished at 10:06. I am still carrying a lot of extra weight, so I was proud of myself to finish relatively close to 9:00. I thought I would finish closer to 15. After I got home from my gym and Daniel got home from his, we had breakfast (which really ended up being brunch). OMG pancakes. The best!
After our delicious brunch, we got a little bit of work done around the house. At 4PM, we went to our friend Sara's art show. She is so talented! Her turtle pictures made me reminisce about snorkeling in Hawaii.
We stayed at the show until they closed and then we went to Mikro for dinner. There was a little bit of a wait, but the food was really yummy once we were seated. Daniel and I split a burrata salad to start and I had a burger for an entree. We went home after dinner and hit the sack. Sunday I slept until 8:00AM! So late for me. I am usually up with our dog, Rusty by 7:00, so this was quite a snooze for me. Daniel got up earlier and took Rusty for a walk while I caught some extra z's. When I got up, Daniel had breakfast re-heating in the oven (we have a mini-kitchen). For breakfast we had French press coffee, OMG pancakes from Saturday, leftover bacon, and some greek yogurt with blueberry jam.
The blueberry jam is homemade from our friend, Leslie. She gave it to us over a year ago and we have been savoring it ever since. There is nothing like those Maine blueberries! After breakfast, we decided to go for a walk in Devil's Den. It is a Nature Preserve just one street over from our street. It is so close by and this was only our second visit.
It is such a pretty time of year to hike at Devil's Den! No mosquitoes is a definite bonus. They love me and the feeling is not mutual.
Devil's Den is very clearly marked, and they have a sign-in post when you enter the park. They also have maps for visitors. We took one and kept it, in hopes that we will go there more often.
The fallen leaves were so pretty!
We hiked in Devil's Den for 3 hours. We are trying to get ready for our big trip to Peru in July.
My stomach was growling by the time we got back to the apartment. Daniel whipped up some chicken salad with leftover chicken, greek yogurt, a tablespoon of curry powder, 1 avocado, red onion, and some raisins. Such a perfect lunch.
I just needed a square or two of dark chocolate after lunch. I love this Trader Joe's dark chocolate. It is so dark that I only need a square or two to feel satisfied.
We cleaned up and did some more work and then our wedding photographer (and dear friend), Molly came over to discuss our wedding album. Before going over the layout for our album, Daniel and I made dinner. I put together a salad with mixed greens, dried cranberries, blue cheese, red onion, and walnuts. Daniel made a masterpiece on the grill. He marinated pork chops in soy sauce for about an hour. He grilled the pork and then melted a slice of gouda cheese on each piece. He served the pork with grilled slices of pineapple. It was so delicious, I didn't get a picture with a full plate.
Yup! I dove right in. Delicious! When Molly left, it was time for bed to rest up for my first graders. Such a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment