Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Corned Beef & Cabbage Alts


Since my veg-head status keeps me from celebrating my Irish heritage with corned beef and cabbage (and just cabbage doesn’t sound as appealing) I had to find some green alternatives for yesterday’s holiday.


I’ve been eying 101 Cookbooks broccoli and cheddar cheese soup and I conveniently had a head of broccoli leftover from my CSA delivery (can’t wait for next Tuesday’s installment!). Purchased some Cabot extra sharp cheddar, fingerling potatoes and some fresh bread (for a garlic bread side) and I had the rest of the ingredients at home.
Roman had some red potatoes that he mashed up with some lemon zest, butter, milk, pepper and our green ingredient…pesto!
Made the garlic bread with butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese, dried marjoram and shredded mozzarella cheese.


Everything was delicious and I got my fill of green. Happy St. Patrick’s Day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment