Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Keepers


I strive to find keeper recipes, and yesterday I found two. I my friends Kerry & Thea over for dinner and since I’m not cooking very much these days, I decided to go all out. I was going to make my family’s standby shrimp recipe, but decided to keep the meal completely veg-head friendly.

I found a Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze recipe from Love & Olive Oil and a Pear Custard Pie recipe from Martha Stewart’s Great Food Fast book. I also roasted some asparagus with olive oil, salt & pepper, made a Heidi Swanson herb salad with mint orange dressing, and heated up some rolls from Trader Joes. All in all, it was delicious.

I was so happy to find some coconut milk vanilla ice cream to have with the Pear Custard Pie. It was the perfect ending to a hearty dinner. I knew Heidi’s salad recipe and the asparagus would be good, but the mushrooms and pie definitely passed the test.

Lindsay + Heidi + Martha = Success.

Thank you Love & Olive Oil and 101 Cookbooks as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment